Tuesday, January 23, 2007
I guess I didn't realize how long it would be before Eden felt back to herself...it's only been five days, but she's still on Tylenol around the clock and in quite a bit of pain. She is doing better drinking, but taking her medicine has become the newest power struggle. It is hard to reason with a four year old that you need to take the meds to feel better when the act of swallowing them is what hurts. She is eating solids more and more, though not as she used to. I can tell she is craving something with a crunch--she's her father's daughter--wanting vegetables and fresh fruits. She ate some bland spaghetti today and a little applesauce and tried to choke down a banana to no avail. Elly on the other hand cleaned us out, eating every scrap Eden had left behind!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hang in there! Sam was doing much better around day 3 but the first 24 hours were horrible! You've got to be through the worst. We went through that too where Sam was tired of taking medicine. He pretty much got to be catered to for awhile! Poor babies! Unfortunately, and I know this is not what you want to hear, but he got in the habit of getting up at least once in the night, and to this day (4 months later) he continues the bad habit. We've recently offered him some incentives, but it's not working yet.
Post a Comment