Yesterday we went to a visitation and Eden and Elly went too. And obviously with Dian's passing, we have confronted the issue of death in our household quite a bit. Just now, Eden was sitting on the bed and said to me:
Eden: Mom, is Grandma Dian alive?
Me: No, honey.
Eden: So does she have a body in heaven?
Me: What happens is that when you die, your skin and your legs and arms and all the body die, but inside your body--your soul--goes to heaven and it gets a new body.
Eden: So what will I do in heaven?
Me: You'll worship God.
Eden: So what if grow up and don't go to heaven?
Me: Baby, if you believe in Jesus, you'll go to heaven.
Eden: I believe Jesus! Mom, why are you crying?
Me: Because it is just so precious.
Eden: Here [bringing her blanket over] Maybe Nuh-Nuh will help wipe those tears away.
And all in one moment you realize what your whole life is for.
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Shadley - your girls are really cute! Thanks for sharing your blog address. I enjoyed reading about all the fun things the girls are up to. Annelie
By the way, if we have a boy can we hook him and Eden up? Maybe one of those arranged marraiges:)
she might be a little old for him...she's almost 4 :)
but don't count out elly, she is bound to be just as hilarious! she learns from the best!
I LOVE her!! I CRIED when I read this post. How precious!
Well, Francisco is 3 years older than me...so I am sure that our son would dig an older chick:) Plus, she might whip him into shape.
But, we will not count Elly out that's for sure:)
thanks for sharing that beautiful story! eden is so precious. i loved having lunch with you guys last week, and am looking forward our next time.
AWESOME!!!! Shadley, what a great way to explain Heaven. Do you just automatically know this stuff when you become a Mom? I'm glad to know that Eden will be there to keep us all cracked up in Heaven some day :)
rach- um absolutely you don't know these things! i praise God every day that I don't seriously screw up my kids. it gets easier when you know their personalities and you can build on things you've taught them or they've picked up...but oh my goodness, no, i by no means no what to say to these types of questions...even ones I think i am prepared for...she always hits me with them at the strangest times...its incredible though to see her knowledge of God and interest at this age...praise God for that.
Post a Comment