Elly is simply too big. Too big for her sippy cup, highchair, stroller, or anything that means :baby: to her. I think part of her problem is realizing that Eden doesn't have to do "baby things" and she wants to be just like Eden. So needless to say, we've spent alot of time chasing her, cleaning up spilled milk (though we didn't cry over it) and digging food scraps out from under the table. Luckily she has conceded to the straw and we have compromised with a booster seat for meals. In the spirit of independence, I am trying to embrace these changes and not fight too many battles per day.
We also just discovered that Elly is actually TALLER than Eden was at 20 months old. We have the same height chart that we started for Eden and in July of 2004 Eden was about the same age Elly is now, and Elly measured over 1/2" taller. Man. These kids are big. Eden is wearing a size 6 (sometimes 7) at age 4 1/2. I suppose Dan's side has a lot of female height...Dian was 5'10" I think, and Dan's cousin Leasa has to be 6'. Size 10 shoes are in our future I'm afraid.
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey now...there's nothing wrong with a size 10!!Let's just hope her feet don't keep growing when she starts having babies, right???
No offense, Laura, it's just not what I am used to! Dan's mom looked pretty smokin' in her size 10 stilettos!
Post a Comment