Eden wanted to be like the big kids and ride on the inner tube that the boat was pulling around. I asked the resident tube expert, Uncle Stubs, if he thought she was old enough and he said, "Only if one of her parents go with her." Since I was there and I love water, I decided to give it a go, though I haven't tubed since I was a little girl of 11 or 12.
As the boat pulled up, I said, "How should I sit in there?" My Uncle T-Bird said, "Just stick your butt down in that seat and hold on." So I was thrown into the tube and tried to situate myself as they suggested.
Unfortunately, I think 4'10" my be just slightly shorter than the average tuber (at least on this tube) because my legs didn't bend over the side, they just stuck up in the air. Imagine, my butt in down in a little hole, and my body is basically folded in two. I tried pulling myself up, but that only made my head go down further, so now my head is inches away from the water and my legs are a 90 degree angle from my body, sticking straight up in the air. The boat takes off and Eden is beside me, down in her part of the tube on her knees. She can tell it's not going well and as I laugh hysterically, she yells to me, "Is there a Plan B?"
I laughed so hard and held on for dear life the entire ride. My biceps were so sore the next day! I wish I had a picture. Well, then again, maybe I don't.
Monday, July 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I would have peed my pants.
This is Andrea... I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard reading your post. Your words are better than a thousand pictures, this way I get to imagine how funny the situation must have been! I lost it when I read the part about Eden saying that this isn't going well and is there a plan B! HYSTERICAL! :)
Post a Comment