Thursday, June 21, 2007
Puppet Shows for Spiders
We have had a rash of spiders in our basement this summer. I have found two particularly large ones in the past week, and today one came out of the pile of laundry I was sorting. The girls find it fun to run and hide from us in the laundry room and explore the store room (filled with totes of girls' clothing and christmas decorations) while we yell for them and they don't answer. So today I showed them the nasty spider I had scooped up in a plastic cup and preserved as Exhibit B for Dan (to persuade the hiring of an exterminator), I told the girls that the spiders live in the laundry room and that they should not go in there. Mean, I know. But Eden, true to her free-spirited self, told me that she wouldn't go into the laundry room, she would just "open the door a little way to look at the spiders and give them a little puppet show." Then she said they would really like the puppet show, "if there were little spider puppets, because they would be more relatable."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Shadley you are absolutely a hoot! I love to read all the Edenism and the word associations at little stories! The father's day poem was priceless and I honestly cried reading what you wrote to Dan's mom. (This is Andrea G not Fhil G by the way). I am glad your summer is so special! You truly do seem to always cherish and remember the simple everyday moments in a life! You are such a fantastic mother!
Oh my goodness...seriously it truly amazes me how cute she is. It makes me feel like I am super boring.
It reminds me that our Lord is a fun Lord. That he also enjoys the person he has created in Eden. So sweet.
I love that she used "relatable"- I imagine she is going to be quite a handful very, very soon!
p.s. Super-glad Andrea clarified that it was she who said you were a "hoot"....
you gals are too much. andrea (masquerading a Phil G.) your words are too kind, and thank you.
meg- you are not super boring, it's just you haven't hit that stage yet!
emily- "going to be a handful" really??? i think we're there, girlfriend!
Your daughter is a creative genuis. I laughed so hard. Shadley, where is she getting this? Were you like her as a child? She is a riot. Thanks for sharing with us. I'm loving the laughter. :)
Post a Comment