Thursday, August 16, 2007

Word Up Is the Code Word

Eden can understand when we spell certain words now so we have had to come up with interesting ways to refer to them when they are around and we don't want them to hear. E-D-E-N worked for a while but now that she can write her name, she is on to us. And since they have the same initials, I can't use initials. So the strategy is using their birth years to refer to them in our secret conversations, i.e. "Are you gonna t-a-k-e 2002 with you, or leave h-e-r here?" We're so sneaky!

(do I hear any Cameo fans in the house?)

1 comment:

Joanna Kay said...

One time I was talking about my team leader's children to their mom, Jin; the eldest is 5 and I was wondering if they could eat cake, so I asked, "Can the k-i-d-s have some?"
And the oldest, Abbie, said, "K-i-d-s spells kids and she means us." I've never been so embarassed to be outsmarted by a 5 year old. Good luck with being sneaky.