Last night we had Preschool Orientation at PV. It was really nice; we got to meet her teacher and associates, and they had an ice cream social type event, followed by a parents meeting. Eden was excited when we told her we were going (you know, 15 minutes before :), but as we got closer, she said, "I can't watch!" and covered her eyes. Then we pulled up to PV and Eden said, "WHY ARE WE AT CHURCH???!!!" She was quite disappointed to find out that preschool was in the same place as her Sunday School class (though we had talked about this before).
When we got in, Eden got quiet and shy, and was not her normal active self. She tugged at her ponytails instead of saying hello to her teacher, and I basically had to drag her around the room to get her to check things out. Then, Callie got there, and all was well. They are in the same class! I was glad to see they are seated apart, giving her an opportunity to make new friends.
We went outside to have ice cream and let the kids play, and she became herself again. I think she is going to do great. I was probably more upset than she was at that point! During the parents meeting, I did feel a little choked up, as we talked about education and development, and I realized how she is growing up so fast and how with each year, she separates a little from us. Of course this is what we want, but I knew I wouldn't be good at it! :)
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment