Saturday, February 17, 2007

Sympathy Pains

I feel SO bad for Eden now. Early Friday morning I woke up feeling like I'd eaten glass shards all night long. Dan stayed home with the kids and I went back to bed. I got a last minute appt. with the doctor who confirmed I had Strep throat, which I have never had before...apparently it is spreading like wild fire around here...anyway, I have had so much more compassion on Eden. If this is how she felt the 4 times she had strep and then the 2 weeks after her surgery, for pete's sake! Last night I wanted to cry it hurt so bad! I can't imagine being a little kid and having to deal with it. I'm not much of a pain reliever person, and I was gobbling up Extra Strength Tylenol every 4 hours and still in pain. She was a trooper for sure. I guess this is my lesson in compassion. MY POOR BABY! At least all is well with her now, and the doctor said that while she could still get Strep even without tonsils, it is less likely because there is no good place for it to "stick." Pray she doesn't get it! And Elly is hopefully still too young to get it. I hope that's the case! I wouldn't wish this on anyone!

No comments: