Tuesday, February 13, 2007

We don't miss the tonsils or adenoid one bit!

At the risk of sounding irresponsible, EVERYONE SHOULD GET THEIR TONSILS OUT! Ok, maybe not, but seriously the quality of life we're experiencing around here is amazing. Eden is absolutely quiet at night--no snoring, no late night or early morning visits to Mom and Dad, and her demeanor is much more laid back and easy going. She used to be irritable most of the day, especially in the morning and late afternoon and now she is great. There are some moments, like any four year old, but I am so shocked at the difference. She must have been suffering pretty badly before. The only negative thing about the surgery (besides the 10 days of terrible healing) is that her voice is different now. We are not sure if it is some residual swelling or not, but her voice is a lot more nasal than it used to be. It was worse right after the surgery, but now its kind of evened out. I guess its a worthy trade, though I miss her "old" voice.

No comments: